Thank God It's Friday
Quote from: Blizzard Entertainment(Source)
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced that the greatest band in the world*, Tenacious D, will perform at the closing concert during this year's sold-out BlizzCon(R). Taking place October 22-23 at the Anaheim Convention Center, BlizzCon is a celebration of the global player communities surrounding Blizzard Entertainment's Warcraft(R), Diablo(R), and StarCraft(R) game universes. While tickets to the convention are currently sold out, viewers can watch at home by ordering a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, offering over 50 hours of event coverage (including Tenacious D's performance) globally over the Internet and also on DIRECTV(R) in the United States.
Tenacious D is made up of musical visionaries Jack Black and Kyle Gass. After forming in 1994, the duo rose to rock god-dom following the release of the HBO cult-hit series Tenacious D: The Greatest Band on Earth. Since then, Tenacious D has released two albums and a pair of live DVDs, sold out arenas around the world, and starred in their own feature-length movie, Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny. At the BlizzCon closing ceremony on October 23, the band will perform an earth-shattering set that includes the debut of new, soon-to-be-legendary songs.
“The best way to wrap up two days of epic entertainment is with an epic rock concert—and few bands fit the bill like Tenacious D,” said Mike Morhaime, CEO and cofounder of Blizzard Entertainment. “We’re looking forward to a great show and can’t wait ...
Must have caught someone's attention at Blizz when they were thinking about new achievements. The attunement required for UBRS requries a bit of travel, then a few level 80s should be able to complete the achievement quite easily, so long as someone has some AOE. And here is Leroy himself at Blizzcon.
It seems that Neverdied, of Durotan (US) has gotten from 1 - 80
(Quoted from his post)
- without a single deathSo what do you guys think? On a site like this which attracts both the casual achievement lover, to the hardcore achievement whore, is this as impressive as the "first" on record character to get 1 - 80 without dying, Cautious, Kirin Tor, (US) who completed his task by questing, getting mounts, achievements, and whatever else he could get (thus being a bit more dangerous)? Or is this more impressive because Neverdied did it all by combining both Cautious's feat AND gaining only 80 pts at 80.
- without questing
- without getting into a dungeon, battleground or arena
- with minimal achievements besides the automatic level ones
- without learning to ride or getting a mount or taking a flight path
- without learning a profession
- without help or looting and just pure retarded grinding.
It took about 4 months with 31700 kills, 10 days 20 hours played. A crapload of scares due to server lag and or disconnections. The hardest part was managing heart attacks when the server would lag while in combat. This was the third try. My main was sending the gold and I would grab gear/foods and enchants on the AH.
It was a fun ride and opened a totally different game.
In my opinion, it's a hell of an achievement either way :)